Monday, October 15, 2012

Should I Feed My Baby Fruit?

My friends all started their babies on bananas and sweet cereals. Then they complained when their cute baby grew up and hated vegetables. I have to shake my head over this stupidity sometimes.

If you feed a baby sweets, they want sweets. Of course they do! It tastes better! Start with things like spinach and broccoli and you will have a child who eats vegetables happily. I didn't start my children on sweet veggies, like carrots and squash, until they were considerably older perhaps 10 or 11 months.

And while we're on the topic, stop giving 4 month olds food! Babies are not developed enough to handle food at that age. Do you know what the damage of that little slurp of ice cream is at that age?

- Leaky gut syndrome
- Food allergies
- Upset tummy and intestinal damage
- Reflux

But by all means, if you want your baby to have a lifetime of health issues, go ahead and think it's cute to feed him before he can even sit up properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave some opinions of your own.